View and Print PDF Catalog Sheet
View and Print PDF Catalog Manual
The Ranger DST2420 wheel balancer is a highly accurate and dependable no-frills balancer that features our proprietary Digital Sensor Technology for critical reliability and repeatability. From one-bay shops to high-volume tire stores, the DST2420 is built with a gritty toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock. Like all of our DST Series wheel balancers, it’s a zero tolerance performer that features our proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST2420 automatically calculates the exact weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel configuration on the planet and brightly displayed LED’s mark the exact amount and location in just six seconds. A full-menu of time saving features that includes Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings allow you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed.
Digital Sensor Technology
Our highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology features a 16-digit digital signal processor and single-chip technology that increases productivity and offers unprecedented speed and accuracy - especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
Single-chip circuit board architecture provides an inherent performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations of the same functionality. In addition to overall latency reductions, the single-chip architecture significantly boosts device throughput. An extremely fast dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds. This solution offers unmatched integration of features and functionality and results in lower power consumption and dissipated heat.
Multi-Directional Quartz Piezoelectric Load Sensors
The DST2420 uses highly precise dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors combined with a single digital rotation encoder that measure both longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors used on the DST2420 are very sensitive and offer long-term stability and freedom from fatigue for a service life that is virtually unlimited. The high rigidity quartz crystal sensors result in very high frequency detection in all three directions of measurement.
Quick and Precise Set-Up
Multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar "Quick-Nut” bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
Mounting Cone Package
The DST2420 tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a heavy-duty truck cone and spacer ring as well. This well equipped package includes three automotive and light truck cones; 1.75" - 2.75", 2.75" - 3.50", and 3.50" - 4.25", and one truck cone 4.50" - 5.00".
The DST2420 automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration so you use less weight which adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
Wheel Graphic Interface
A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and helps guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons helping operators identify and command all balancing functions.
LED Rolling Wheel
Weight Displays Bright LED weight placement indicators show weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden "behind-the-spoke" techniques. Aids with clip-on, and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
VALUABLE TIME-SAVING OPTIONS
No More Heavy Lifting
Our optional RWL-350 wheel lift makes light work out of heavy lifting by servicing large, oversize truck and custom wheels that usually require extra effort on part of the technician. The optional RWL-350 pneumatic wheel lift helps technicians mount wheels effortlessly on the balancer, preventing potential injuries and fatigue from manually lifting heavy wheels. The lever-controlled wheel lift quickly raises the wheel and a bearing mounted slider positions them for easy mounting. One handed operation means the technician’s free hand remains able to control the wheel assembly once it is lifted into the mounting position. The portable wheel lift handles wheels up to 350 pounds and takes up minimal space around the balancer.
This optional Universal Wheel Clamp Kit comes with a shaft and adapters to accommodate Harley Davidson, Japanese, and European Motorcycles with hub assemblies up to 9-1/2" inches wide. It quickly installs on all Ranger computer wheel balancers with a 36mm shaft. The adapter kit is designed to balance wheels with a center-hole diameter from 5/8" to 1-1/4". Kit Includes: (1) Universal Wheel Clamp, (1) Shaft, (4) Centering Cones, (1) Short Spacer, (1) Long Spacer, and (1) Spin-On Nut.
Flange Plate Kit
Essential for the more precise balancing, this adjustable multi-position flange plate kit includes centering pin adapters to fit most import and domestic car and light truck lug-bolt patterns. The specially designed lug-bolt adaptors balance wheels far more accurately than a cone can do by itself, resulting in a smooth, vibration free drive. Includes flange plate kit and measuring caliper.
- Dynamic, Static, Motorcycle-ATV, and Performance Alloy settings.
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity.
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques for faster floor-to-floor times.
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs with the simple push of a button.
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors.
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time.
- Automatic braking.
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection.
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator.
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden "behind-the-spoke" techniques.
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered.
- Self calibration function.
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools.
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36-mm shaft.
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times.
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement.
- Side cone storage pegs keeps accessories readily available.
- New "open-side" hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes.